A "Berry" Easy Thank-you Gift

June 16, 2011

In preparing for our upcoming cross-country move, one of the items on my to-do list was to make some kind of thank-you card or gift.  I wanted something simple and easy, but I also wanted to make the thank-you a nice way for our friends to remember us. 

Inspiration hit when my husband dug up some strawberry plants to give to a neighbor. 

We have a lot of strawberry plants growing in the front flower bed.
We pulled up some of the plants and potted them in various containers (random pots, yogurt containers, etc.).  Then I made a bunch of little signs that say We'll miss you "berry" much!, and had my little helper (my 3 1/2 year old daughter) stick one in each pot.


I have been giving these little plants away as thank-you and good-bye gifts to our friends here in Toronto. 


I am hoping that our friends keep the strawberry plants, and then have a nice little reminder of me and my family once we've gone.  You could adapt the sign easily to fit a different situation.  For example:  Thank-you "berry" much!  or  I love you "berry" much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...