Easy Pesto Pasta

November 18, 2011



When this meal was first served to me, I immediately thought: "Wow!  Delicious!"  Then I when I realized how easy it was to make, I thought "Oh!  Why don't I ever make this dish?"  Well, now I do.  All the time.  And if you don't make it now, you should, because you'll love it.

The beauty of the Pesto Pasta is 1) It seems a whole lot fancier than pasta with tomato sauce, 2) It is flexible in terms of what you actually put in it, and 3) It's perfect for those who don't like "red sauce," like my 4-year-old.  Oh yeah, and did I mention that it was easy?  I think I may have.

Easy Pesto Pasta

4 cups cooked pasta noodles (rotini and penne are my favourites)
pesto, to taste (I usually use about 3 tablespoons)
3/4 cup feta cheese
1 cup protein (eg. chunks of chicken, chickpeas, fried tofu)
2 cups sauteed veggies (I like peppers and zucchini)
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes

1. Cook the noodles according to package directions.
2. While noodles are cooking, saute veggies, and cook protein if needed.  Cut up cheese and tomatoes.
3. Toss everything together with pesto. 

Ta-da!  Your easy dinner is served.


1 comment:

Katie and Van said...

Mmmmmm--going on the menu for next week--we have feta in the fridge :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...