Halloween 2011 Summary

November 1, 2011

Here's a look at what our Halloween was like this year.

We had Jack-o-lantern pancakes for dinner on the weekend.  I used my favourite whole-wheat buttermilk pancake recipe, and added bananas and raisins for a face.  The idea come from here. 


My four-year-old loved making the faces, and the banana was delicious.  I think jack-o-lantern pancakes will be a new Halloween tradition.




We just moved last week, so sewing has been on the back burner.  I did not make any of our costumes this year.  The kids wore costumes from the dress-up box, and my husband and I planned to do the same.  The day of Halloween, however, my daughter decided that she would make her daddy a turtle costume.  I was so impressed.


I cut out two turtle shells from a cardboard box, and M did all of the colouring.  I poked two holes in the top of each, and attached them together with ribbon.  It was very sweet that M worked so hard, and also that her daddy wore it. 


That's a pretty convincing turtle, don't you think? 
We came home from trick-or-treating with a decent candy haul.  Today we have had fun organizing the candy.  This is a fun way to work on math skills like sorting, counting and patterning.


I hope your Halloween was just as fun!


1 comment:

Grant Guenther said...

I think the turtle neck is a nice touch

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...